Thursday, November 11, 2010

Huff Family

  My grandpa was, and continues to be a huge influence in my life, even if he's not here physically. Some of the greatest memories I have of my grandpa are when he would pull pranks on people. I credit him for all the fantastic pranks I have ever pulled, because he was the first to teach me how. This is not all that I remember about him though, I also remember how strong he was in our church. There was hardly a time when I would go over to his house that he either wasn't working on something that had to do with his church calling, or studying his scriptures. Anytime I slept over he always made sure a family prayer was said before anybody went to bed. Family get togethers involved something spiritual to help strengthen all of his children, or grandchildren. My grandpa was not only worried about his own salvation, but he was also concerned about his posterities as well. He worked hard to make sure that EVERY single one of his family members, living and dead, made it to live with our Heavenly Father again.
 
(Now this isn't everyone... there are 41 that still need to be added to the picture. This was taken when I was about 4 years old. My grandpa is the one with white hair in the middle. He passed away in the fall of 2006.)
  
  My grandpa knew that our entire family has the potential to live with our Heavenly Father again one day,  all we need to do is follow the example of our savior Jesus Christ, and keep the commandments. I'm so grateful for my grandpa, and his desire to dwell with his family in the Kingdom of Heaven. I know its possible for every single one of us to return to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father. Thats why I came on a mission. So that I could teach people how to return to live with their Families forever in Heavenly Fathers Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment