Friday, October 8, 2010

Heaven on Earth

From President Thomas S. Monsons Oct. Ensign address "Blessings of the Temple."
I  think there is no place in the world where I feel closer to the Lord than in one of His holy temples. To paraphrase a poem:

How far is heaven?
It’s not very far.
In temples of God,
It’s right where we are.
The Lord said:
“Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
“But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” -Matthew 6:19–21

San Diego, California Temple
Temples, to me, are little peices of heaven on earth. I love going to the Temple!!! Nowhere do I feel closer to my Heavenly Father than I do when I walk through the doors of the temple. Temples are the only places completly unspotted from the world. It doesn't matter whats going on in my life at the time, just stepping through those doors brings a peace that can't be found anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment