Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Cleanliness is Next to Godliness!!!"

 This past month I have come to understand the importance of deep cleaning.  For most kids saturday is the day of the week they look forward to. No school, no church, just a nice day to sleep in, and relax. For me, and possibly my siblings, it wasn't a day to look forward to. My mom who lived by the saying "Cleanliness is next to godliness" always reserved Saturdays for deep cleaning. This usually ment we were pulling everything out of some closet to reorganize it, that we were scrubbing the bathrooms floor to ceiling, and it usually ment the wiping of the dust off of all the floor boards. Saturday was a day to be dreaded at my home because of all the cleaning that usually needed to be done. The work was never fun, or ever easy, but boy by the end, I didn't realized then but do now, the hard work was totally worth it. 

 

  There are times throughout our lives when a deep cleaning is necessary, not a deep cleaning of our house (which is essential every so often) but a deep cleaning of our own personal lives. Not one single person on this earth lives a spot free life. Everyone has some dirt in their lives. Some more than others, but dirt none the less. One thing I've noticed, with dirt, is that if you don't get it early on the pile will spread. At first it may just start on one little corner of your tile floor, but if you don't get it before someone trudges across your floor the mess is soon spread all over your floor. Thats the same with sin. It may just start off small, but if you don't catch it and rid it from your life quick it can, and will spread to other aspects of your life.
   Sin is normal. NO ONE is perfect. Just as no one has a spotless house, some people may try to fool you, by putting a rug over the dirt pile, or  flipping the couch cushion to hide the stain, but everyone of us has some stain in our lives that needs to be cleaned out. It may require a deep deep cleaning, or maybe a simple dusting. The point is, we all have something we need to repent of, and change in our lives to be able to feel more peace and happiness. In Matt. 8:3 the man with leprosy comes to the Savior and asks to be cleaned. This was His response:   And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.  I don't think very many of us out there are sick with leprosy, but I do know there are many in need of a good cleaning. Sometimes it may take alot of hard work, and sometimes very little effort, but It is necessary so that we can experience peace, and joy in our lives. I'm sure we've all heard "No unclean can enter into the house of God." Thats why its so important for us to clean ourselves of whatever dirt we may have. I know that we will come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ and will be alot happier if we take the time to deep clean our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sister for the post. I have a similar post in my blog. Mine is titled too many doctors. Feel free to read and comment. I share your blogs with people that I come in contact with. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete